This is one of the toughest things to write…. About Me.
In order to help with this process, I’m going to use some of the questions from the 2016 Declare Conference LinkUp to best describe myself.
1. If we were meeting in person, how would you introduce yourself? (job, family, career, ministry, where you live … share whatever details come to mind)
Hi, I’m Teresa Stowell. I am a certified financial coach. I specialize in teaching people how to create budgets, pay off debt and win with money. I also love reading, learning and teaching. I love sharing God’s word with women. I enjoy riding motorcycles and being a part of the motorcycle world. I have been widowed since June 2010. Richard & I were married for almost 18 years at the time of his death. We have 5 kids; Nick, Kristin, Chelsea, Hannah and Cate. I live in the Dallas area and currently serve at Stillwater Community Church in Rowlett, TX.
2. What is your favorite thing to write and why?
I enjoy writing about anything I learn. If I’m reading from God’s word, I want to write about it. If I’m reading about how to get out of debt, I want to write about it. If it adds value to me, I hope it will add value to others as well.
3. What is your favorite thing to read and why? (If this question is too broad for you avid readers, what’s a favorite book or blog you’ve read lately?)
I’ve been reading Kevin Leman’s book, Have a New Teenager by Friday…. it’s been great information for me to apply.
4. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Travel back to Israel. It’s a country full of greatness!
5. What’s one thing you love about your blog and one thing you’d like to improve?
Because it’s brand new…. It’s all an improvement. 🙂
6. [Lightening Round] Would you rather …
- Read on Kindle or paperback? Kindle
- Drink coffee or tea? Coffee in the mornings and Tea the rest of the day
- Go to a musical or a movie? Movie
- Vacation at the beach or the mountains? Beach
- Have an exciting night out or a relaxing night in? Depends on who is going out and where. Most of the time, I prefer night out with friends.
- Watch sports, play sports, or no sports? Watch sports, although I use to love playing when I was younger. I need to get back into shape.